Home        About        Kelly's Favorites        Videos        Contact        Legal Disclaimer

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day isn't just for Couples


Valentine's Day isn't just for couples. You can be single and enjoy it too! "No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." Probably one of the many favorite lines I have from Gone With the Wind. Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh, two beautiful people, playing out a classic love story. I mean there's war, loss, and hardship, a torrid love affair, over coming said hardships and loss, a doomed marriage that should have worked because Scarlett and Rhett were meant for each other, but ultimately it could never last, because they were both too strong headed to realize what they had until it was too late. In the end Scarlet realizes this only as Rhett is walking out on her, and her last words are that she will win him back at Tara, her home, the place that gives her the strength to fight. It's so completely tragic and romantic at the same time, which is what makes it so amazing. Now at this point it might be pretty obvious that, well let's face it, I am a hopeless romantic, which is why I watch this movie over and over again, in fact it's probably how I will spend my Valentine's Day. A glass of wine, a bowl of popcorn, and Gone With the Wind, sounds ideal! Now some people might think that's a horrible way to spend Valentine's Day, drinking wine and eating a bowl of popcorn by yourself while watching a movie that is just under 4 hours long, yikes! Honestly though, it is music to my ears. Valentines Day is about sharing time with that special someone right? Well, if you are lucky enough to have that special someone, then go celebrate, it's what you should be doing! What about those singles out there though? What are you going to be doing? Let's face the hard reality of it, if you're single you probably hate this holiday, but ask yourself why? Is it really because you think it's just another "Hallmark holiday" and that if you really love someone you should be finding ways to show them everyday not just one day out of the year? Or is it because you really just wish you had someone to spend it with? I've been there, I know it sucks being alone on Valentine's Day, especially if all your friends have dates. I've been single for a while now and the best Valentine's Day I have ever had was the the year after my ex and I broke up. Sounds crazy right? You might be asking how is that possible? Well, I decided that instead of sitting around and brooding over being alone on Valentine's Day for the first time in about seven years, that I didn't need a special someone, I could be my own special someone! So what did I do? I pampered myself! After work I turned my bathroom into a spa of sorts. I took a relaxing bath, gave myself a pedicure and manicure, did my hair, put on my most comfy pjs, made an amazing dinner, and after watched Gone With the Wind with a bowl of popcorn and a glass of wine. It was the most perfect night I had had in a long long time! Why is that? Because doing all of that for myself, made me feel amazing and beautiful and happy! Although I usually change up the movie, the routine has been the same for the last three years. And even though it would be nice to have a special some to share Valentine's Day with, I don't mind sharing it with myself because it gives me time to reflect on all of the other wonderfully special things I have in my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment