Home        About        Kelly's Favorites        Videos        Contact        Legal Disclaimer

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year 2013 everyone! I hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year! My New Year's Eve was spent at home relaxing with my love! Just because I stayed home, doesn't mean I didn't get all dolled up! So I decided to dive into my e.l.f. Silver Studio Box 100 palette to create a pretty silvery gray, smoky eye look.

e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye-shadow look

e.l.f. cosmetics eye-shadow palette
I started out by priming my eye with Urban Decay Primer potion in Sin. All of the eye shadow colors I used are from the very last column to the right(the grays and blacks) Using a flat shader brush I took the 4th color from the bottom and applied it just on the lid of my eye. This is a really pretty deep gray color, with a little shimmer. Then I took my Soho Round Smudge Brush and and applied the 3rd color from the bottom to my crease. This is just a really pretty charcoal gray color. I made sure to really blend out the edges so there were no harsh lines. Then using a small domed crease brush, I applied the very bottom color to my outer corner, just to deepen it a little, for more dimension. That color is a shimmery black. Then I took the third color from the top and applied it, with the same flat shader brush I used at the beginning, just to center of my lid. It's a light shimmery silver color. Then using my Sephora small flat smudge brush, I applied the same gray that I used in the crease under my eye. I didn't use a highlight color. Instead I used my Covergirl face powder under my brow bone to help blend out the edges of the eyeshadow and soften the look up. Then I curled my lashes and applied two coats of Covergirl's Lash Blast Mascara in Very Black. Then I applied Covergirls Perfect Point Plus eye liner in charcoal to my top lash line. I love the perfect point eyeliner pencils! They apply so smoothly and evenly! Then I smudged it a little, just to soften it, with the same Sephora smudge brush I used for under my eye. I also used the eyeliner to tightline my eye becasue I think it helps to make your lashs look fuller! And who doens't want full looking lashes? Just saying.  I also used a tinny bit of Nars Albatross on my inner corner, just to help brighten it up a little!

Well that's about it! So I hope everyone had a fabulous 2012 and has an even better 2013!      

No comments:

Post a Comment