Home        About        Kelly's Favorites        Videos        Contact        Legal Disclaimer

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Falsies Without the Falsies

Want falsies without the falsies? Keep Reading! It has been way too long since I have posted anything here! And I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for the extended hiatus my fellow beauty lovers, but I am back! I don't know how often I will post, but I will try to give this blog some love more often! So you might be asking what brings me back, right? Well, I have been a member of Influenster for a while now. What is Influenster? Well, it is a site where anyone can post reviews about things they love or don't love, because let's be real, not every product you try is going to be a win. It isn't just beauty products that consumers are reviewing here, you name it, you can probably find a review on it! The more active you are on the site, in reviewing products and answering little surveys, better knows as snaps, the more badges you earn. As you earn badges, you become eligible for different reward campaigns. One type of campaign they hold is a VoxBox Campaign, where a member gets sent a complimentary full size product to test and review. And I am so excited because I just got picked to participate in my first campaign and of course it is a beauty voxbox.
So what did they send me to try out and review? I got the YSLVoxBox!! Yes, that is right, YSL!! YSL as in Yves Saint Laurent!! And what did I get you might ask? I was selected to try out the newly remastered Original False Lash Effect Mascara by YSL!! For the 15th anniversary of this mascara, YSL re-released it with a new formula that they say won't dry out in the tube and is now infused with B5 Pro-Vitamins to help strengthen and protect your lashes, while keeping them smooth and flexible while wearing this mascara. They have also added argan oil, carthame oil, sweet almond oil, and castor oil to the formula to help keep your lashes nourished and soft. They have added all of these things to the original formula, allowing it to give you the same false lash effect it always has, but at the same time allowing it to nourish those lashes keeping them strong and healthy!

If you can't tell by my excessive use of exclamation points, I am in love with this mascara!! I will start off with the packaging. I am not a packaging junkie. I don't just buy something because the packaging is pretty or cute, but if I was in a store this packaging would definitely catch my eye. It is quite possibly the prettiest tube of mascara I now have. It is so shiny and such a pretty tone of gold.
YSL Mascara
YSL Mascara Wand
YSL with No Flash
Now onto the brush. It is a nylon fiber brush that literally grabs every lash giving you a nice even coat of mascara! This is so great for me because for some reason I have a difficult time getting mascara on the lashes near the inner part of my eye. I always just miss them. It never looks bad, but I never get that really full lash look that I love on other people. With this it isn't a problem. I don't  know if I have to credit the brush or the formula for that, but I am a happy camper! Now there is one thing that might annoy some people, but it actually doesn't bother me. This mascara is lightly scented. I did read somewhere that it is infused with notes of jasmine and a few other things. If certain scents bother you, then you might not be a fan. However, all I smell is a hint of jasmine and it smells so light and fresh and I love it! I know for some people, it might irritate your eyes, especially if you have sensitive eyes, but it didn't bother mine at all. However, if you like jasmine, you will love this too. And last, but not least, the actual formula! Does it work? Well, the answer to that my friends, is yes it does! It lengthened and made my lashes look fuller, and with two coats, it made it look as close to false lashes as it could with my lashes! It is more of a wet formula, probably because of the oils added to it, but it drys quickly, which was nice, because I was able to apply a second coat right away! It didn't clump, which I have noticed is sometimes an issue with other mascaras that claim to do the same thing. At least, it is an issue I have. I prefer waterproof formulas because I tend to have a problem with the regular formulas flaking off throughout the day. The mascara that Influenster sent to me was not a waterproof formula and I did have that problem, but the flakes wiped away easily, so I can't really complain.

The big question is since this product was sent to me for free to try out, will I be purchasing it? The YSL False Lash Effect Mascara retails at $32.00, making this a bit pricey. However, that is expected with any high end mascara. And even though it is on the pricier side, I do believe it is worth the cost and yes, I will be purchasing it, when this tube runs out!

Overall, I'd say YSL hit the nail on the head with this one! The new formula is amazing and worth every cent. I love it! 
Before and After
Before and After



No comments:

Post a Comment