Home        About        Kelly's Favorites        Videos        Contact        Legal Disclaimer

Monday, April 13, 2015

Mani Monday: Metallic Mani

Sinful Colors Mesmerize
Sinful Colors Supernova
It's Mani Monday!! I love nail polish! This is no secret! I think, however, the manicure I gave myself this week, could be my go to favorite. I am loving the color combo and the contrast between the metallic and creme finishes! I love how metallic nail polishes look! Funny thing is, when I see them in the store, I never buy them. So the other day I was in Target and I was perusing the Sinful Colors display and I picked up this metallic nail polish and decided to buy it! It is Sinful Colors Supernova. I was drawn to it because it is a rose gold color and I just think rose gold is so pretty. It also has a silver shimmer to it that gives it the metallic, tin foil looking effect. The picture of the bottle to the left is accurate, the pictures of it on my nails look more gold, but when I used a flash, you can see the silver shimmer. Anyway, I thought it looked familiar, so I did some digging and found out it was originally released in 2012 as part of the Fall Collection Hot Flash Metallics. Sinful Colors will sometimes re-release limited edition colors on their own or as part of a new collection. I am glad I spotted this one because there were only a few bottles left! I paired it with Sinful Colors Mesmerize. This is also a limited edition color. It was first released in 2012, also in the Fall in the Enchanted/Muse Collection. It was re-released again in the Spring of 2013 as part of the Haute Rebel Collection, which is when I picked it up. Mesmerize is a deep purple color with blue undertones that has a creme finish. When you see the picture of it on my nails, the camera makes it look more blue than it actually is. the picture of it in the bottle at the top to the right is more accurate. Now, on to how to get this manicure!

Step 1: As always start with a base coat to help prevent any staining. As usual, I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Strengthener.

Step 2: Apply your base color. I used Sinful Colors Supernova. This is other tape mani, so let that base color dry completely before going onto the next step!

With Flash

No flash
Step 3: Apply the straightest edge of the tape to the nail.

Creating the Nail Design

Step 4: Paint the nail below the tape, the part of the nail closest to the cuticle. Then, before that polish dries, remove the tape. It should leave you with a nice, crisp line! Repeat this on all of your nails!

Paint the Color and then remove the tape

Step 5: Let that second color dry a little bit, to prevent streaking. Then apply a fast drying top coat. Once again, as usual, I used Sally Hansen Insta Dry Top Coat. Clean up the cuticle and around the nail bed with some acetone or nail polish remover, if necessary and voila, an easy to create and pretty new manicure! 

Finished Manicure

Happy Monday and happy painting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment