Home        About        Kelly's Favorites        Videos        Contact        Legal Disclaimer

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tasty Tuesday: Going Greek

Greek Goddess Salad Dressing and Marinade

Ingredients Label


I do believe it is Tasty Tuesday and I am going Greek! I don't know about you, but I love Greek food. I almost never cook it though, because well, as much as I love to eat it, I never really knew how to make it. So whenever the Greek food craving would strike I'd head out to Kostas or Panos, or some other Greek restaurant to eat. However, this is not the case so much anymore. A while back, I had the pleasure of meeting the maker of Greek Goddess Salad Dressing and Marinade! I had no idea she was the creator of this dressing until she brought in a couple cases of them and started handing them out to us at work as a way of saying thank you for something I cannot discuss here because it would violate laws as it pertains to my job. Anyway, I was so grateful to her for doing this because of my love for Greek food. I still can't really cook Greek food, but when the craving for Greek flavors hits, I take my bottle of Greek Goddess Salad Dressing out of the cupboard and marinate some chicken in it or use a little bit of it on a salad. The picture here is my second bottle, as I finished the one she gave to me because it is so delicious! This dressing is all natural and you can actually read and pronounce all of the ingredients on the label, which is always a plus! Not only is it delicious, I love that it is made locally and that I get to support a local small business when buying it! Remember folks, when possible, it is always better to buy from your local small businesses. We live in a world of super stores a la Walmart and Target and other huge conglomerates, and because of that local businesses and merchants kind of become the underdogs of the retail world. Don't get me wrong, I have a love, well minor obsession for Target, but I am a firm believer in supporting all things local from small businesses and individual merchants to farmers at the different farmers markets we have here in Buffalo. Think of it this way, when supporting local businesses, you are supporting your community! Ok, tangent over! This dressing can be purchased online at the Greek Goddess website, but it is also distributed to and sold at many local stores. I get mine at Wegmans. It retails there for $6.29. If you love the flavors of Greek food, this dressing is a definite must try!! I promise, you won't regret it!   


My favorite way to eat chicken marinated in Greek Goddess Salad Dressing!
I like to cut it up and combine it with spinach, lettuce, and tomatoes for a delicious wrap.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment