Home        About        Kelly's Favorites        Videos        Contact        Legal Disclaimer

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Buffalo Waterfront

Hello all! In my last day in the life type blog, I wrote that my boyfriend and I had gone to Gallagher Beach and then headed over to the Buffalo Waterfront to take a little walk. While we were enjoying the sun, we decided we wanted to tour the naval ships, but realized quickly that we did not have enough time to do so as I had to get home and get ready to go to work. So a few days later, it was really nice out again and we went back down to the water front and decided to tour the ships and go through the naval museum. Once again, this was a trip down memory lane for me. I think my dad's favorite thing was to pack us all up in the car and take a drive down to the waterfront and look at the ships. We would get a hot dog and ice cream for lunch or dinner and walk around. While we ate we would watch the boats on the water and we always stopped to look at the naval ships. Every once in a while, my dad would say let's go on the ships. He was in the navy, so he would tell us everything about the different things on the ships and what it was like living on a destroyer. This is a tradition he still carries on with my nieces and nephews. So while, touring the ships I told my boyfriend all about this and he listened to me reminisce about some of my favorite childhood memories. It was such a nice day and honestly I could have stayed down there all day and night, but I had to get home again and get ready to go to work. I thought it would be nice to share some pictures of the water front and the ships. I hadn't been down there since before all of the updates. And all I can say, it is so pretty down there. I can't wait to see what else they have in store for the Buffalo waterfront. One thing I do know for sure is I love this city and am so lucky to have born and raised here! How often to you get out and enjoy the city you live in and appreciate all it has to offer? Think about that the next time you complain about the crazy weather patterns. Go out and be a tourist for a day and take in everything this beautiful city has to offer. You might be surprised at how easily you fall in love with it!




 



                                                             










No comments:

Post a Comment