Home        About        Kelly's Favorites        Videos        Contact        Legal Disclaimer

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Glam Bag

OK, so I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I just got my October Glam Bag in the mail and it has inspired me to write. I plan to try and post more often, at least once a week as long as I have the time to do so! And I figured I would start back up with the October Glam Bag. This has honestly been one of my favorite bags in a long time! The theme of this bag is the "Bomb Shell Look". You know the look, red lips, sultry eye colors, out to there lashes, and of course that perfect black winged out eyeliner. So this is going to be an overview/review of some of the products in it that I tried. So first things first, eyeshadow! I love eye shadow, especially good quality ones! In this month's glam bag we received a sample size Coastal Scents eyeshadow quad. The colors in the quad that I got were: Vibrant Red, Frosty Taupe, Vanilla Sky, and Raisin Berry. These colors are beautiful and the color payoff is amazing! The only one I haven't tried yet is the Vibrant Red. I've never used this brand before, mostly because I thought it wouldn't be in my budget range, but after looking at the website, the prices really are reasonable! Frosty Taupe is a perfect lid color and Vanilla Sky is a perfect shimmery highlight color. I tried Raisin Berry as a crease color and I loved it, but I think it would also look pretty as a lid color.

Coastal Scents Sample Quad
The next product I tried was the be a Bombshell liquid eyeliner. The shade I got was in Onyx. It is very black and it applies so smoothly. I tend to stick to pencil liners, but only because I'm really comfortable with applying them. I'm always afraid I'm going to mess up the liquid liner when I use it. This liquid liner is nice though because it has a felt tip and works kind of like a marker. Because of this design, it is super easy to apply. The other nice thing about it is that it doesn't dry too fast, so if you do make a mistake, it's pretty easy to fix right away. 

Bombshell Liquid Eye Liner

The next product was the Balm's What's Your Type? "the body builder" Mascara in Black. Yet again, another win! In fact, this may be my new favorite mascara. It literally made my lashes look so much longer with one coat and when I added a second, it looked like I was wearing false lashes! This is nice for me because while I love the look of false lashes, I do not actually like to wear false lashes.

The Balm's What's Your Type Mascara in Black

And the last product that I tried was the Mirenesse Lip Balm Glossy Lacquer Stain. The color I received was Lip Balm 2, which is a really deep red. This was kind of scary for me to see, since as far as lip colors go, I tend to stick to neutral or nude shades, but I tried it anyway. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. It was a little crazy seeing myself in the mirror with red on my lips, but I slowly got used to it. It applies really smoothly and is a totally build-able lip color. It isn't sticky like most glosses, well it is at first, until it dries, which doesn't take very long. Once it dries it doesn't budge and it's more of stain than anything, but at the same time feels like a lip balm. I really like it, I don't know if it's a color I would got to on a regular basis, but when I feel like spicing things up, it will definitely be my first choice!

Mirenesse Lip Balm Stain in #2
  
There was one other product in the bag, but I haven't tried it yet. It was Couture Colour's Pequi Oil Treatment. It says that it is supposed to restore softness and and shine to your hair. If I can remember, I will will add a review of this later after I try it.

Couture Colour's Pequi Oil Treatment

 So last thing, I took a couple pictures using the products. So here is my October Glam Bag eye look! Oh and I tried to take a picture of my lips to show you the color on me, but my camera did not want to cooperate with me.  

Coastal Scents Eye-shadow Look
Coastal Scents Eye-shadow Look

I used Frosty Taupe on the lid and Raisin Berry in the crease and underneath the eye for a pop of color. I used the Vanilla Sky as a highlight and on my inner corner, but my camera didn't pick it up as nicely as I would have liked. I also used the eyeliner and mascara from this bag as well! I love this look! It is a perfect look for everyday wear!

3 comments:

  1. the 2 bottom eye shadows looks BEAUTIFUL and the lip bomb in #2.. i was either hoping for #2 or #4 and i received 4.. what a great bag, right? :D

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great bag! Definitely one of my favorites so far! The eye shadows as are gorgeous on as they are in the quad!

      Delete
    2. I forgot to say thanks for stopping by and reading my post!

      Delete