Home        About        Kelly's Favorites        Videos        Contact        Legal Disclaimer

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Mani Monday: Memorial Day Mani

It is Mani Monday and today I am doing a Memorial Day Mani! For this manicure I used used four colors and a toothpick. I used Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby, Hot Spot, Snow Me White, and Star Blast Off. Ruby Ruby and Snow Me White are both a creme finish. Hot Spot is a shimmer finish and Star Blast Off is a chunky glitter. Today happens to be Memorial Day, so I decided to go with a patriotic theme this week!

Step 1: Apply a base coat. I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Strengthener.

Step 2: Apply a base color. I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White. In general, I hate using a plain white nail polish, they are always streaky no matter the brand and you almost always need three coats, which means a lot of polish.

Step 3: Apply your red nail polish down one side of the nail. Before it dries, apply the blue nail polish down the center of the nail, slightly overlapping the red polish. I used Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby for the red and Sinful Colors Hot Spot for the blue. Starting at the red polish, drag a toothpick from one side of the nail right though the blue and white to the other side of the nail. For this step, I would work one nail at a time, as you want to polish to be wet.

Step 5: You can do this to every nail, if you like, but I chose to just apply the glitter polish to my ring finger for an accent. This one takes patience. The glitter I used was Sinful Colors Star Blast Off. It is a glitter that has white starts and chunky red, white, and blue glitter in it. It took a few dips into the bottle to get a white star to stick to the brush. I wanted two stars on each ring finger. Once I got the stars I dipped the brush back in the bottle and applied a thin coat to each ring finger to get some of the red, white, and blue glitters on the nail.

Step 6: Apply a fast drying top coat. I used Sally Hansen Insta-dri top coat for this. After this clean up the cuticle and around the nail with a nail polish remover or acetone. Let the polish dry and finish off the manicure by applying a cuticle oil to the cuticle to moisturize.

Memorial Day Mani
This manicure does take a little bit of time and some patience. Happy painting and Happy Memorial Day everyone! Please have a safe and happy holiday and take a minute to remember all of the fallen hero's that fought for our freedom. Freedom isn't free! Say a prayer for all of the brave men and women who died fighting for our country and say a prayer for their families too.


**This manicure was done last week. I finally had time to finish writing this blog and share it with everyone! Sorry for the delay. I think I am almost all caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment