Home        About        Kelly's Favorites        Videos        Contact        Legal Disclaimer

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tasty Tuesday: Roasted Veggies

It is Tasty Tuesday with some delicious roasted veggies! It has been a while since I shared an easy and healthy recipe, so I thought I would do just that! I love veggies! I love salads, I eat one almost everyday, sometimes twice a day. Honestly, though, I prefer my veggies cooked, well roasted. It is so easy to do. All you need is your favorite vegetables and some seasoning and a little bit of olive oil. My favorites to roast are zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and sweet bell peppers. I also like to do yellow tomatoes and yellow squash, if I have them. As far as seasoning, anything goes. I always use garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt. Depending on what I am in the mood for, sometimes I will add either chili powder, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, basil, or oregano. Sky is the limit with this one! So on to the prep and cooking instructions!

Prep and Cook Roasted Veggies
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Clean and dry off all your veggies
  • Cut up your veggies (I usually cut zucchini into small chunks, the tomatoes in half, and the peppers into about quaterish size pieces.) Keep in mind the veggies will shrink a little, so you don't want to cut them too small)
  • Line baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil (makes for easy clean up) 
  • Next you want to coat the paper or foil with a little olive oil (You just want enough so that the veggies don't stick, I usually use a spray oil for this)
  • Spread the veggies out on the lined pan
  • Drizzle a little bit of oil on top of the veggies or use the spray oil (Once again you don't need a lot of oil just enough to help the seasoning stick)
  • Then choose your seasonings and sprinkle on top (I don't measure, I just eyeball it. I tend to use a lot of garlic, and very little salt.)
  • Once you season them, pop them in the over for about 30-40 minutes or until tender, make sure to gift them a little stir on the pan about half way through. 

When they are done, you can eat them as is, or you can mix them into a pasta or some rice or use them to top off a grilled or baked chicken breast. However, you decide to eat them, they will be delicious! Also, I like to cook a bunch of these in advance for meals. They keep well in the refrigerator for about a week and they reheat pretty well too! 

Before Cooking: Zucchini, cherry tomatoes, sweet bell peppers seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, parsley, and chili powder. 
  
After Cooking: I added the roasted veggies to some brown rice. I also added some spinach to mix because I decided I needed some more greens. 

However you like your veggies, just try to get them in daily! I always say try to eat the rainbow every day. If you aren't a veggie lover like me, there are lots of ways to get them into your diet. You just have to hide them in your food. Try mixing them into a fruit smoothie, you won't even taste them. I am going to do a smoothie recipe blog soon! Make salsa, or make a wrap, just cut up the veggies into really small pieces, and you probably won't even notice them while you are eating the wrap. Vegetables and fruit are full of important nutrients your body needs to thrive and feel good, not to mention all of the antioxidants in them. Veggies and fruits help keep you healthy! And in my opinion, they are just delicious! Happy cooking everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment